Fixed And Permanent Smile Makeover At The Age of 51
- Dr Rohan Virani on 12/27/2021
Smile not only reveals self-confidence in an individual but also helps to express a range of emotions coordinated with the movement of the teeth and lips.
This report presents the case of a 51-year-old lady who walked into our clinic and was not very happy with the shape, size, and color of her front teeth which she also found to be more yellowish. The patient did undergo a number of dental procedures previously especially for her front teeth including fillings, root canals, crown/cap placement at different time periods at different centers outside as and when required.
But all these different procedures done as per the requirement of the time were unable to provide her a full-fledged aesthetic smile. Finally, she decided to get all the things corrected under one roof and that too in a specific time period as she was planning to move out of India very soon.
Understanding the patient's needs a detailed treatment plan was advised for her which includes the replacement of old crowns with new zirconia crowns. The treatment plan was addressed and executed in a phase-wise manner.
What Is A Crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that’s placed over a weak/ damaged tooth to improve its shape, size, strength, and appearance.
A Brief About Zirconia Crowns:
- One of the biggest advantages of Zirconia is its strength and durability.
- As Zirconia is strong it does not require much tooth preparation/ cutting thus preserving the natural tooth structure.
- Also, Zirconia is the material of choice because of its good longevity and biocompatibility, which means it is less likely to provoke any inflammation
- The product is 100% metal-free, thus preventing gingival darkening and removing the possibility of exposing metallic margins if gum recession begins.
- Layered Zirconia is more translucent, naturally esthetic, and can easily match the shade of the adjacent teeth.
Below is the pre-operative image of the patient showing disproportionate teeth: